Muktinath word is derived from Mukti and Nath. "Mukti" means "Salvation or Nirvana" and "Nath" means "God or Master". Mukti Holds great significance for all spiritual people in the south Asian sub-continent. Muktinath this Sanskrit name itself has a religious overtone and a sort of emotional ring to it for the devout Hindus. The name is a synthesis of two words - (the provider of salvation) has been one such holy site, where thousands of devotees flock for attaining the much sought after moksha (Freedom) from the cycle of birth and rebirth. It is an ardent wish or a dream if you may say, of every Hindu to get Mukti-Nirvana from this cycle taking births over and over again. It is a belief of the Hindus that this world is "MAYA" (an illusion) and the earliest one gets out of it the better and a visit to Muktinath will help them achieve that goal. Since then it called Muktinath. The Hindus call it Muktichhetra (place of salvation) is one of the four religious sites. Many Shaligrams (Ammonite) found during Muktinath Yatra over here are considered by Hindu as an incarnation of Lord Vishnu and worship them. According to Hindu Myth lord Vishnu turned into Shaligram because of Brinda's Curse. Muktinath Temple is opened throughout the year but especially in Rishitarpani, Ram Navami, and Bijay Dashami thousands of pilgrims gather here to celebrate the festival.
Attraction in Muktinath Temple
- Mukti Kunda: Two holy water ponds known as "Laxmi Saraswati Kunda" located in front of the temple. Taking the plunge here is believed to rinse away your sin.
- Mukti Dhara: 108 waterspouts (Bull-headed shape) in the backyard of this temple where holy water (chill) from Gandaki River flows continuously. Taking bath under all these 108 Muktidhara is believed to bring salvation.
- Jwala Mai Temple: Continuously burning holy flame from a rock located inside Dhola Mebar Gompa is just five minutes' walking distance, situated in the south region of the temple.
- Mharme Lha Khang Gompa: Monastery located in the north region of the temple is dedicated to Guru Rimpoche also known as Padmasambhava.
- Swaminarayan: Satguru of Sabij Yoga.
- Shaligram: Fossils of the Jurassic park age that is found in the Kali Gandaki River. This black stone is the symbol of Lord Vishnu and kept in the prayer room in the home.
Best time to visit Muktinath Temple
March, April, May, September (mid), October, November, and December are considered as the best time to visit Muktinath Temple. During these months the weather used to be clear all day and snow-capped mountains will be welcoming you with a big smile.
How to reach Muktinath Temple from Gorakhpur?
Muktinath Temple is located 465km from Gorakhpur, 24 km northeast direction from Jomsom, 200 km from Pokhara, and 406 km from Kathmandu in Mustang District, Annapurna Conservation Area of Nepal. The best way to reach Muktinath Temple is via NH 24. The nearest Nepal border from Gorakhpur is Sonauli Border which is 70km from Gorakhpur. After reaching the Sonauli border we move to Pokhara which is 190km. Muktinath Temple is 200km fare from Pokhara
- Trip Name: Muktinath Tour from Gorakhpur
- Tour Type: Pilgrimage
- Duration: 05 days
- Start Point: Gorakhpur
- End Point: Gorakhpur
- Max. Elevation: 3800m
- Min Elevation: 1340m
- Best date: 12 Month Possible
- Departure: Every day for Private Tour
Muktinath Day Wise Itinerary from Gorakhpur
- Day- 1 : Gorakhpur To Pokhara With Gorakhnath Temple & Night Stay In Hotel.
- Day- 2 : Pokhara To Jomsom By Taxi Will Go To Muktinath By Jeep & Return Jomsom By Jeep & Over Night Stay At Jomsom.
- Day-3 : Jomsom To Pokhara By Taxi -Pokhara Local Sight Seen Place Of Visit-: Vindhyawasni Temple Gupteswari Cave, Devi's Fall, International Mountain Museum, Seti River, Barahi Lake Side & Over Night Stay In Hotel.
- Day- 4 : Pokhara To Kathmandu With Manokamna Temple By Cable Car & Over Night Stay In Hotel.
- Day- 5 : Kathmandu Local Sight Seen Place Of Visit-: Pashupatinath Temple, Shankar Parwati Temple, Buddha Neelkanth, Hanuman Doka, Swayambhunath Temple, Buddha Stupa & Over Night Stay In Hotel.
- Day- 6 : Kathmandu to Gorakhpur & Final Drop Railway Station Or Airport.
- 2 nights accommodation in Pokhara with breakfast
- 1 Night accommodation in Jomsom with lunch & dinner
- 1 Night accommodation in Janakpur with lunch & dinner
- Pokhara – Jomsom – Pokhara flight ticket
- Airport transfer by a/c car
- Jomsom – Muktinath – Jomsom transfer by Jeep on sharing basis
- Airport pickup & sightseeing by Private car
- Gorakhpur – Pokhara – Janakpur – Gorakhpur transfer by private vehicle
- Annapurna conservation area permit
- All applicable taxes
- Airport Tax
- Any expenses of personal nature such as drinks, laundry, telephone/fax calls.
- Any expenses caused by reasons beyond our control such as flight delays, rescheduling or cancellations, any accidents.
- Medical evacuations, riots, strikes, etc.. Any tips to drivers, hotel staff, any meals apart from the ones mentioned above.
- Expenses of personal kind nature such as drinks, laundry, telephone/fax calls.
- Hot & cold beverages
- Tips for guide and others
- Monuments entrance fees while sightseeing
This Hotels Included inTrip
Golden Temple Inn 3-star hotel
Address: Kathmandu 44600, Nepal | Phone: +977 1-4479771
Golden Gate Hotel 3-star hotel
Address: Lakeside, Pokhara, 06, Pokhara 33700, Nepal | Phone: +977 61-466670
hotel grand shambala 3-star hotel
Address: Muktinath Sadak, Ranipauwa 33100, Nepal | Phone: +
Take a Look at Our
SPECIAL MUKTINATH TEMPLE TOUR PACKAGE
POKHARA TO MUKTINATH TOUR BY TAXI
1 Night - 2 Days
Pokhara - Jomsom(Muktinath Temple)
POKHARA TO MUKTINATH TOUR BY FLIGHT
1 Night - 2Days
Pokhara - Jomsom
KATHMANDU POKHARA & MUKTINATH TOUR
4 Night - 5 Days
Kathmandu - Pokhara - Muktinath Temple
Bestselling Nepal Tour Packages From India
Other Popular Destinations in Nepal
For a Trip to Muktinath Temple kindly requests you to read the terms and conditions thoroughly.
WE WOULD LOVE TO TALK ABOUT YOU HOLIDAY PLAN. FOR A BOOKING OR ANY INQUIRY FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US AT 24*7
2nd Floor Radhika Complex, Near Vishnu Mandir, Medical Road, Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh, India